One Pot Pasta
NOM NOM NOM. As some of you may know, I am no longer vegan but I still love the cuisine. In another post I can explain more about my journey and why it came to an end.
More importantly I am here to show all the lazy cookers (like me) how to make an easy dish filled with flavor and veggies, and happens to be vegan!
So I am not very accurate with measurements, however I will be specific with how much I THINK I used, but remember food is always open to experimenting.
Here's what you need:
Pasta (I used Rotini)
Diced Tomatoes (I used the ones in a can)
A big Pot
1. Heat up pot on stove and add spinach and mushrooms (allowing the spinach and mushrooms to cook down for a few minutes).
2. Throw in a box of pasta, half an onion, and the diced tomatoes not drained.
3. I then used about half of the broth container (the box one) so maybe about 2 cups, and poured it in over the ingredients.
4. I then covered the pot and let it come to a boil about 10 to 15 minutes, checking it every few minutes and stirring it to make sure the pasta doesn't stick to the bottom and to ensure the broth is evaporating.
5. Lastly I added the Italian Seasoning to garnish and about 2 TBS of Pesto (In a jar) to the pot and stirred (you can also garnish with cheese if you're not vegan of course).
I made my pasta in a really big pot and got about 4 healthy servings out of it. I didn't really measure anything which is apparent here (LOL) but if you know the basics of making pasta you can sort of judge when its done.
I love this recipe because it is so simple and all cooks in one pot. I literally stored the entire pot in the fridge when I was done, and just let it heat up on the stove when I wanted more.